2. The College cannot accept responsibility for changes in your personal circumstances. Please choose your course carefully, before enrolling, as refunds will not be given unless a course is full or has been cancelled by the College. Requests for refunds will only be considered up to 4 days prior to the commencement of the course. A $30 charge will be incurred for all withdrawals. All refunds will be processed within a 14 day period. If you enrol by phone, your enrolment is confirmed at that time. If you enrol by fax, mail or via our website, our staff will do their utmost to contact you by telephone or email to confirm your enrolment (this is in addition to the automated email received when enrolling online). If you have not heard from us within 72 hours of sending your enrolment, the onus is on you, the student, to contact us to ensure we have received your enrolment.
3. Family members/friends/children may not accompany students to classes.
4. A discount of 10% is granted (except for courses which specifically note "no concessions" or courses that are already discounted or funded) to people receiving full Australian pensions and benefits, including full time students and holders of the NSW Seniors Card (not National Seniors Association card). The discount must be claimed at the time of enrolment and cannot be claimed retrospectively.
5. Full qualification courses which cost in excess of $1000 are payable by instalments. Details of instalment amounts and due dates will be advised upon confirmation of enrolment. The same policy regarding refunds (as detailed in 2 above) applies to full qualification courses.
6. Northern Beaches Community College undertakes to make a Recognition of prior Learning RPL and Credit Transfer process available to all participants prior to enrolment, for all nationally recognised training courses within the scope of registration of NBCC. Applications for RPL must be made at least 14 days prior to the course commencement date and applications for credit transfer must be made within one week of course commencement.
7. Course fees cover tuition and administrative costs - some courses may require additional expenditure for materials, equipment or ingredients payable to the tutor in class. Where an amount is quoted for course materials, this is an approximate amount only. Where applicable, materials lists will be posted when sufficient students have enrolled for the course to proceed, usually one week before the course start date.
8. Membership is a way of supporting your Community College. For the $10 membership fee you will receive four brochures posted to you over a one-year period. You will also be welcome to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
9. Parking is available on some school premises. The College and the host school do not accept responsibility for any damage or injury to any person or property. Street parking only is available at the Brookvale campus and limited onsite parking is available at the Narrabeen Annex campus.
10. Receipts will be distributed by the tutor, usually at the first session. Our current brochure and a copy of the enrolment form appears on our website if you require an additional copy.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SATISFACTION