Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Enrolment
1. The College reserves the right to cancel a course when there are insufficient enrolments. This usually occurs within three working days of the course start date and each enrolled student is contacted by phone or email (if email address has been provided). You can assist by enrolling early and providing us with both day and evening contact numbers. If we cannot place the student in another course, we refund the full amount paid. This is the only instance where a refund is available. (Courses may be permitted to continue at the same fee for a shorter period where enrolment numbers are lower than the usual minimum required.)
2. The College cannot accept responsibility for changes in your personal circumstances. Please choose your course carefully, before enrolling, as refunds will not be given unless a course is full or has been cancelled by the College. Requests for refunds will only be considered up to 7 working days prior to the commencement date of the course. A $30 charge will be incurred for all withdrawals. All refunds will be processed within a 14 day period. All enrolments are confirmed by email or, if an email address has not been provided, by letter. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours of sending your enrolment, the onus is on you, the student, to contact us to ensure we have received your enrolment. Course transfer between terms is not available. (If enrolment is in a Smart & Skilled subsidised course – see website at www.nbcc.nsw.edu.au for fee and consumer protection information for these courses)
3. The minimum age for anyone enrolling in courses is 14 years and 9 months. Family members/friends/children may not accompany students to classes.
4. A discount of 10% is granted (except for courses which specifically note “no concessions” or courses that are already discounted or funded) to people receiving full Australian pensions and benefits, including full time students and holders of the NSW Seniors Card (not National Seniors Association card). The discount must be claimed at the time of enrolment and cannot be claimed retrospectively.
5. Full qualification courses which cost in excess of $1500 are payable by instalments. Details of instalment amounts and due dates will be advised upon confirmation of enrolment. The same policy regarding refunds (as detailed in 2 above) applies to full qualification courses (unless the enrolment is via a Smart & Skilled entitlement or Community Service Obligation subsidised course – see website for fee and consumer protection information for these courses).
6. Enrolment in a full qualification course will require a personal or telephone interview with a College representative to ensure the course is appropriate for your needs and to discuss any prerequisites to the course; RPL and/or credit transfer. The Student Handbook is available on the College website and contains important information regarding enrolment, participation and assessment in our accredited courses.
7. Northern Beaches Community College undertakes to make a Recognition of prior Learning RPL and Credit Transfer process available to all participants prior to enrolment, for all nationally recognised training courses within the scope of registration of NBCC. Applications for RPL must be made at least 14 days prior to the course commencement date and applications for credit transfer must be made within one week of course commencement.
8. If you require learning, disability or language support, please advise the College upon enrolment as some support services are available.
9. Course fees cover tuition and administrative costs – some courses may require additional expenditure for materials, equipment or ingredients payable to the tutor in class. Where an amount is quoted for course materials, this is an approximate amount only. Where applicable, materials lists will be posted when sufficient students have enrolled for the course to proceed, usually one week before the course start date.
10. Membership is a way of supporting your Community College. For the $10 membership fee you will receive four brochures posted to you over a one-year period. You will also be welcome to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
11. Parking is available on some school premises. The College and the host school do not accept responsibility for any damage or injury to any person or property. Street parking only is available at the Brookvale campus and limited onsite parking is available at the Narrabeen Annex campus.
12. Receipts are emailed to students at the time of payment processing or, if no email address has been provided, will be posted together with the confirmation of enrolment.
13. NBCC will provide details of enrolments and outcomes to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) in order to assure quality. NCVER may contact students to survey the learning process and outcome. Please advise the College in writing if you do not wish your details to be released for this purpose.
Our Commitment to your Satisfaction
- Confirmations: All enrolments will be confirmed by email or, if no email address has been provided, by post.
- If a course is cancelled because of insufficient numbers and you request a refund, a refund cheque will be posted to you or, if payment for the course was made by credit card, the refund amount will be credited to that account.
- At the completion of your course, the trainer may issue you with a free Statement of Attendance, upon request, if you have attended 75% of the course. If the course is an accredited course and you satisfactorily complete the required competencies, a Statement of Attainment or Certificate will be issued.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment v8 10 Dec 2015